UPDATE: The submission deadline for STTI's biennial Capstone International Nursing Book Award has been extended to 8 March, 2017.
Have you read, written, or published a great nursing book lately? If so, you may be interested in submitting a nomination for the 2017 Capstone International Nursing Book Award, presented by the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International (STTI). The deadline for submitting an entry is 1 March 2017.
The honor society created this award to recognize the single most outstanding nursing book published by or for nurses during the biennium. Any nursing book—textbook, professional, or consumer title—published between 2 February 2015 and 1 February 2017 is eligible. Books must have been published (print and/or e-book formats) by close of eligibility period.
A book deemed eligible must:
- Support the learning, knowledge, and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide
- Exhibit exceptional publishing qualities, including editorial, production, and manufacturing values
- Include an electronic distribution component (i.e., e-book or electronic supplement for print)
- Exhibit excellence in its subject matter through author expertise, level and type of coverage, contributors, reviews, awards, adoptions, endorsements, etc.
- Be submitted in English
Judges will take into consideration originality and approach, reader appeal, academic and scholarly quality, and suitability of vocabulary and content for the specific audience within nursing.
A complete nomination consists of:
- Submission of an online entry form, together with a US $50 entry fee for high-income countries (The fee structure for members outside the U.S. will be set according to World Bank classifications based on per capita income designated as low, middle, and high)
- A one- to two-page supporting narrative (summary) that addresses the above criteria
- A supporting PDF that includes reviews, author bios and credentials, and contributor bios and credentials, along with other information that supports the judging criteria
- Four nonreturnable copies of the book mailed to the attention of Paula Jeffers, Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International, 550 West North St., Indianapolis, IN 46202
The Capstone International Nursing Book Award will be presented, along with other 2017 STTI International Awards for Nursing Excellence, at STTI’s 44th Biennial Convention in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, which convenes 28 October 2017.
For additional information, email firstname.lastname@example.org