CEO welcomes members and corporate partners, and authors sign books.
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing (Sigma) hosted another successful reception on 25 October 2018 during the ANCC National Magnet Conference in Denver, Colorado, USA. More than 100 attendees enjoyed champagne, strawberries, and assorted appetizers while networking with Sigma members and friends of nursing.
In her remarks to reception attendees, Sigma CEO Elizabeth Madigan said: “Over the past year, it has been my honor to meet Sigma members from around the world and learn about their passion for global health. Sigma accomplishes what it does because of the tremendous strength we have in our membership of more than 135,000 nurses living and working in nearly 100 countries. We are at this conference because nearly 65 percent of Sigma members work in hospital and clinical settings.”
Madigan thanked Elsevier Clinical Solutions for its sponsorship and support. Marilu Kelly, director of continuing education, brought greetings on behalf of Elsevier.
These distinguished Sigma book authors attended the reception and participated in a special book signing:
- Donna Cardillo, A Daybook for Beginning Nurses
- Angeline Dewey and Andrea Holecek, The Nurse’s Healthcare Ethics Committee Handbook
- Joanne Evans, Redefining Retirement for Nurses
- Michele Farrington and Kirsten Hanrahan, Evidence-Based Practice in Action, Workbook: Evidence-Based Practice in Action
- Christine Hedges, Anatomy of Research for Nurses
- Jennifer Mensik, The Power of Ten, Second Edition; A Nurse’s Step-By-Step Guide to Transitioning to the Professional Nurse Role; and The Nurse Manager’s Guide to Innovative Staffing, Second Edition
- Cynthia Oster and Jane Braaten, High Reliability Organizations: A Healthcare Handbook for Patient Safety & Quality
- Joe Tye, Building a Culture of Ownership in Healthcare
- Mary Walton, Person and Family Centered Care